Monday 21 January 2013

Well over a year since my last post! best get blogging!

So here we are in 2013 & it's been over a year since I last blogged!!!

Well what can I say but the fact life got in the way!

The youngest one starts school this coming Sept!! I am feeling sooo old!

Not only that I turn the big 4...0! in 2014...so how do I feel about it?

Well actually I am ok with it.  40 doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would but I did decide that I would make a list of 40 things to do before I turn 40.  So here are some of them!

1. Learn to knit & make a cardigan!...I have the wool, needles & Pattern just waiting to start...but need time on that one! so not there yet

2. Learn to Crochet & make a 'Granny' blanket...I went to a class last Thursday 17th Jan & made my first square....it's certainly harder than it looks!

3. Pass my CBT again & do my motorbike test

4. Start saving money!....this sounds harder than it may seem as I am not the best with saving! so aiming to have some 'backup' in my bank accounts!

5. Take at least 2 holidays not near my family & just us & the kids...somewhere new

6. Buy a 7 seater car...we have bought some turkeys over the years but I want a used but newer car for the family to go out in :)

7. Lose 90lbs in weight!....achievable I think but will be a challenge as I love sweet things!

8. Send my 2nd eldest back to Stage school to help him build confidence & help him do well with his GCSE Drama...when things were tough poor Sam had to give up what he loved & now doesn't really go out...he loved it so will get him back doing something he loved apart from computers!

9. Learn to Ballroom dance....I always wanted to learn how to dance when I was younger but never had the courage to tell my parents so now I want to do this one

10. Book my 40th Birthday party...enuff said ;)

11. Buy the lovely singer sewing machine I have my eye on...it's expensive but I love it!

12. Learn to re-upholster & re-cover my small footstool...I have plenty of fabric so better start using it!!

13. make up puff cushions for the kids to sit on whilst in the garden/playshed (not built yet!) & conservatory....pattern bought now to decide which fabric I need!

14. Make a recipe box & write up favourite Slimming World recipies...need to condense them down as have too many!

15. Go through all interior design/scrap mags & take out the ideas I like & recycle the rest....you never know what they might make with the stuff left over ;)

16. Make up window dressings for all the bedrooms & conservatory

17. Repair my bedroom chair & make new cover....have got some gorgeous swedish inspired fabric for this project :)

18. Take boys for a picnic & day trip somewhere new at least once a month...we stay in too much as a family which is not healthy so going to make a concious effort to go out more :D

19. Pass my APMP & become a Project Manager...want to take that next step in my career now I have finished having a family...inspire the boys that you have to work hard to achieve

20. Buy an iMac PC...have wanted one of these for years since my eldest son's best friend from primary school dropped my Ibook on my tiled kitchen floor & kill it! & I want to have a large screen to do my photos on for scrapping :D

So there are my first 20 things to do....so let's see how I get on with those ones...there is no order to how I do it, but I just know I have 14 months...so best get cracking!!!

Until my next blog...keep safe in this snow! TTFN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment