Thursday 2 September 2010

AHA MOMENT

So here we are in to September already. As you are aware things have been really tough recently as I have been struggling with serious 'self doubt', 'weight issue', 'depression' & unworthiness in general.

Well this morning I had an AHA Moment!

I picked up this months' editon of one of my favourite Magazines 'O Magazine' and it was entitled the 'Makeover Edition'. Quite an appropriate title to be honest. I sat at 4am! yes 4am this morning and read it whilst looking after the younger 2, who had decided to get up that early!!! yet again!

Anyway, I was reading the whole magazine and the articles (luckily I can read pretty fast!) and came to the conclusion that only I, ME, myself can change what is happening to me at the moment.

Last night as i was feeling extremely knackered I visited my best friend who is about to give birth any day now & really had a good chat about things. I have missed those chats over tea & cake! Anyway, I said to her that I wanted to get a bike so that I can exercise as am not happy about the size I am & want to be fit for myself & the kids, but also an inspiration to them too. She offered me her bike! i was completely overwhelmed with her generosity (it's on loan for a least a year). This will enable me to cycle Tim to school in a couple of weeks as well as get myself fit & healthy.

I don't know what I would do without friends like her.

Then I came home & went straight to bed as was late!

This morning I got up feeling exhausted as per usual recently and read my O Magazine. After I had finished I thought to myself 'AHA!' From then I decided that today was going to be a brand new day. A new start......today & from now on I was going to do stuff for myself....if I want it I will do my best to get it....I set myself a list of things in my head that I want to achieve

* New me - weight loss, fitness, pride in myself & health - 1st priority if I don't look after me first then no-one else will!
* Family - 2nd priority, make sure that they are getting my attention & being looked after better than I have ever done before, be an ear, give them love, nurture them more than have done
* Marriage - 3rd priority, I am determined to make it better! Make more time for US as a couple
* Money - need to get on top of the finances, daily!
* Career - need to find a job that will enable me to provide for the family & change the current situation! work on getting my resume re-jigged & looking professional. seek professional help with how to get back to work, look at what career I really want & work towards getting it
* Pride in my house - redecorate, de-clutter & minimise. Less stuff means less clearing up & more time for the family & less stress!
* Eco friendly - use the bike more instead of a car, use the dryer less where possible, make sure all electrics are switched off at night
* Scrap stash - sort through & sell off what I haven't used in months! someone might want it!!
* Routine - make sure that I create a routine for the kids & stick to it, be consistent
* Clearout sale - this will get rid of 'stuff', help with the de-clutter & also helps with the finances too, may be put towards a holiday for the family

Today is a new day, a new start, a positive move.....today is the day I do change for ME not for anyone else!!!

Today is the day that I say 'I love me! I am proud of me! I can do this for my family, be a better ME!'

Change starts within & today is THAT day

No comments:

Post a Comment